Monday, May 2, 2011



As a kid, I grew up watching the original Titanic. I remember when I first watched this film, I begged my parents to buy me it when it came out in VHS because I was so infatuated with Leonardo DiCaprio's character, Jack Dawson. Even though I was so young and clueless with certain scenes in the movie, I understood the meaning of it at a young age. I guess, that's why the movie has been such a big part of my childhood.

Two days ago, I first heard about Titanic II from a friend. I'm not sure what rock I was living under but I definitely knew I had to check it out. To be honest, I decided to watch this film because I thought Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio would be in it but as soon as I found out they weren't, it was because of curiosity.

I have to say Titanic II wins for being THE worst movie ever. Yes, THE WORST. As horrible as this sounds, I couldn't stop laughing when the ship was sinking. Not a single tear fell down my face because everything about this movie was terribly awful.

The plot was completely different from the Original Titanic. Instead of being hit by an iceberg, they tried to escape a tsunami. The two main characters (ex couple) in this movie were ship owner Hayden and Amy, basically like Rose and Jack from the original Titanic but not really. So the movie starts off with bunch of researchers researching somewhere in the Artic and through their research, they find out a huge tsunami is coming it's way. As the captain makes the announcement , passengers are running around screaming to escape from it.

Like I said, everything about this movie was awful and stupid. Something that really annoyed me about this film was that everything was featured with special effects by the computer. I could easily tell that the fi;m was used with horrible special effects. For an example, not a single drop of snow was stuck onto the researcher during his research in the snow storm. Seriously?

Also, the tsunami and the location of the ocean looked so unreal that it was very obvious that they filmed the water scenes in a big swimming pool instead of an actual ocean. Last but not least, the ship NEVER seemed to be crowded at any point in the movie whereas the first original Titanic was always crowded with thousands of people. Also, I wish the director put more depth into the character's backgrounds like the original Titanic. As an audience, I feel like I had no idea who the two main characters were whereas in the original Titanic, Rose and Jack came from different social backgrounds.

I can definitely still keep going on about the difference from the two movies but that'll take forever. Everything about Titanic II looked so unreal that caused me not to enjoy it all. I wasn't surprised at all when I found out the film went straight to DVD due to the horrible ratings.

Overall, I definitely DO NOT recommend this movie because in my opinion, it doesn't deserve one star. NOTHING can ever come close the original Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment